the Market Soul © 1999 - 2011 Headlines

Sunday 11 October 2009

Everything I know about business

Everything I know about business I learned from the Dung-beetle!

This will be the title of my next series of articles. For when I grew up, we lived in a straw hut in Africa, with cow dung smeared on the floors to serve as insulation or to keep the snakes away; I can't quite remember anymore.

My children don't appreciate the sense of history and perspective that living in the 'civilised' world affords them, because for cultural entertainment, we had to watch the Dung-beetles mate. What start in life was that I ask you?

Anyway, I digress.

A lot of business life is like chasing, or at least wiping off the muck and dung that life throws at you. Dung smells and so does money! And a great deal of this mucky stuff is pretty sticky, therefore dealing with the mucky stuff can be made so much more tenable if we are able to deal with the dung in the way the Dung-beetle manages to deal with it.

These (muck scraping) thoughts will be developed further...

If you are interested in hearing more about it, please post a comment.

Thank you.

theMarketSoul (c)2009 & Idea Merchant
------------------

No comments: